For those of you who want to root your AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge with Snapdragon, we finally have ROOT!
This root method WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR PHONE, please use SmartSwitch to backup all of your stuff and also you can use Helium Backup app to backup all your apps/app data without root.
This root method is only recommended for advanced users. If you have no prior root experience, we suggest you to wait a bit more until more stable root method is available!
This root method does not void warranty nor set off KNOX, you can still use Samsung Pay later down the road if you unroot.
This will work on the following Galaxy S7 models:
- AT&T Galaxy S7 SM-G930A
- T-Mobile Galaxy S7 SM-G930T
- Sprint Galaxy S7 SM-G930P
- Verizon Galaxy S7 SM-G930V
and also on the following Galaxy S7 Edge models:
- AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935A
- T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935T
- Sprint Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S
- Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V
This root method will also work on any other Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820.
You will need the following files, please download them all:
- Samsung USB drivers for Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Modified ODIN (USE THIS ONE ONLY!)
- SuperSU (USE THIS ONE ONLY!)
- Modified ENG BOOT for Galaxy S7
- Modified ENG BOOT for Galaxy S7 Edge
Step 1. Before we begin, make sure you have Android version 6.0.1, this root method has only been tested for that version.