Step 2. Tap of “Software info” then tap on “Build number” about 5 times until it says, “Developer mode has been turned on”.
Step 3. Tap the back button twice and you will see a new menu called “Developer options”, tap on it.
Step 4. Make sure “OEM unlock” is checked ON like shown below:
Step 5. Power off your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. Then hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power buttons together for about 5 seconds until you see the warning screen like below:
Step 6. Let go of all the buttons, hit the Volume Up button to put it into ODIN Download mode, then connect a micro-USB cable from your phone to the computer.
Step 7. Download the files you will need to root your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge:
- Download BETA SuperSU v2.79 – Link
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip – Link
- Download ODIN zip – Link
- Download Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Drivers – Link
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S7 – Link (Choose this if you have Galaxy S7)
- Download TWRP Recovery for Korean Galaxy S7 – Link (Choose this if you have Korean Galaxy S7)
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S7 Edge – Link (Choose this if you have Galaxy S7 Edge)
- Download TWRP Recovery for Korean Galaxy S7 Edge – Link (Choose this if you have Korean Galaxy S7 Edge)
Step 8. Extract the ODIN zip file and you should get a folder with ODIN program. Double-click on the ODIN exe file to run the ODIN program.